Circular for Apprentices (Maharashtra Amendment) Act, 2017 - The Apprentices Act, 1961
The Government of Maharashtra has issued Apprentices (Maharashtra Amendment) Act, 2017 (“Amendment Act”) on 9th February, 2018 amending Apprentices Act, 1961.
The amendments have been made towards the
1. Period of other apprenticeship training (Sec. 6) – The State Government shall issue separate notification towards release of effective dates for said amendments
2. Termination of apprenticeship contract (Sec. 7) – If employer fail to carry out the terms and conditions of the contract, employer shall pay one month stipend to the apprentice as a compensation. And if the failure on the part of the part apprentice, the apprentice or his guardian shall refund the stipend.
3. Number of apprentices for a designated trade and optional trade(Sec. 8)– The establishment shall engage apprentice minimum 2.5% and maximum 25% of the total strength of the establishment including contract employee.
4. Payment to apprentices for eight hour duty (Sec. 13)
• During 1st year of training – 75% of minimum wages of semi-skilled worker notified by the state Govt.
• During 2nd t year of training – 80% of minimum wages of semi-skilled worker notified by the state Govt.
• During 3rd year of training – 90% of minimum wages of semi-skilled worker notified by the state Govt.
• For trade apprentices who train for minimum 4 hours per day, the rate of stipend per month will be 50% of the rates mentioned above, respectively.
5. Holding of test and grant of certificate and conclusion of training (Sec. 21)- The apprentice completed the training may appear for test to be conducted by the state govt. or any agency authorized by the state govt. Every successful apprentice shall granted a certificate.
Call us on 09920-100-462 |Request a quotation
LK Nakashe Consultants Pvt. Ltd is India’s leading compliance & labour law consulting firm. Headquartered in Mumbai, we are ISO 9001 Certified & Crisil Certified, and we serve all 29 states and 7 union territories of India. Our service bouquet includes Registration & Renewal Services, End-to-End Monthly Compliance Services, Audit & Due Diligence Services, Advisory & Consulting Services, Payroll Management Services and Contract Staffing Services. Our client list of 750+ companies includes some of India’s biggest business conglomerates, MNCs, public listed companies & SMEs