Unsplashed background img 1
What is the procedure for dismissing a workman for a misconduct connected with the pending dispute?

If an employer wants to discharge or dismiss a workman for a misconduct during the pendency of any conciliation, arbitration or adjudication proceeding in respect of a dispute in which the workman is concerned and if the misconduct is connected with the dispute, the employer must make an application to the authority before which proceeding is pending and obtain its previous written permission to do so. Otherwise the discharge or dismissal will be invalid and in-operative in law.

Did you find this content helpful?

Yes No

Call us on 09920-100-462 |Request a quotation

LK Nakashe Consultants Pvt. Ltd is India’s leading compliance & labour law consulting firm. Headquartered in Mumbai, we are ISO 9001 Certified & Crisil Certified, and we serve all 29 states and 7 union territories of India. Our service bouquet includes Registration & Renewal Services, End-to-End Monthly Compliance Services, Audit & Due Diligence Services, Advisory & Consulting Services, Payroll Management Services and Contract Staffing Services. Our client list of 750+ companies includes some of India’s biggest business conglomerates, MNCs, public listed companies & SMEs

First-of-its-kind app that UN-COMPLICATES compliance & labour laws. Download for free on iOS & Android Google play App store