What is the procedure for obtaining permission for laying-off or retrenching workmen or closing down an undertaking?
(1) If any employer of an industrial establishment in which one hundred or more workmen are employed intends to take any of the three actions, he has to make an application to the appropriate Government for permission, giving reasons for the intended action.
(2) The employer can take the intended action if permission is granted or no communication is received granting or refusing to grant permission within 60 days from the date of the application. Permission for lay-off, retrenchment and closure.
(3) The appropriate Government can, either on its own motion or on the application made by the employer or any workman, review its order or refer the matter to a Tribunal for adjudication.
(4) Subject to the above provision the order of the appropriate Government is final and binding.
(5) An action taken in contravention of these provisions will be deemed to be illegal. Ss. 25(M), 25(N) & 25(0)
Call us on 09920-100-462 |Request a quotation
LK Nakashe Consultants Pvt. Ltd is India’s leading compliance & labour law consulting firm. Headquartered in Mumbai, we are ISO 9001 Certified & Crisil Certified, and we serve all 29 states and 7 union territories of India. Our service bouquet includes Registration & Renewal Services, End-to-End Monthly Compliance Services, Audit & Due Diligence Services, Advisory & Consulting Services, Payroll Management Services and Contract Staffing Services. Our client list of 750+ companies includes some of India’s biggest business conglomerates, MNCs, public listed companies & SMEs