Unsplashed background img 1
Whether ICC/LCC can recommend compensation payment to an aggrieved woman?

If the ICC/LCC arrives at the conclusion that the allegation against the respondent has been proved. It will recommend to the employer and the District Officer to deduct from the salary or wages of the respondent such sum as compensation to be paid to the aggrieved woman or to her legal heirs. In case the employer is unable to make such deductions from the salary of the respondent due to his being absent or cessation of employment, the ICC or the LCC may direct to the respondent to pay such sums to the aggrieved woman. In case the respondent fails to pay the sum, the ICC or the LCC may forward the order for recovery of the sum as an arrears of land revenue to the concerned District Officer.The basis of determining such compensation to be paid to the aggrieved woman will be-

• Mental trauma, pain, suffering and emotional distress caused to the aggrieved woman.

• Loss in career opportunity due to the incident of sexual harassment.

• Medical expenses incurred by the victim for physical or psychiatric treatment.

• Income and financial status of the respondent.

• Feasibility of such payment in lumpsum or installments.

Did you find this content helpful?

Yes No

Call us on 09920-100-462 |Request a quotation

LK Nakashe Consultants Pvt. Ltd is India’s leading compliance & labour law consulting firm. Headquartered in Mumbai, we are ISO 9001 Certified & Crisil Certified, and we serve all 29 states and 7 union territories of India. Our service bouquet includes Registration & Renewal Services, End-to-End Monthly Compliance Services, Audit & Due Diligence Services, Advisory & Consulting Services, Payroll Management Services and Contract Staffing Services. Our client list of 750+ companies includes some of India’s biggest business conglomerates, MNCs, public listed companies & SMEs

First-of-its-kind app that UN-COMPLICATES compliance & labour laws. Download for free on iOS & Android Google play App store