Circular for Process of challan deletion requests from Employers by ESIC - The Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
F.No. I-11/12/02/2018-ISD Dated:04.06.2018
All Regional Directors/Director(I/c)/Jt. Director(I/c), RO/SRO-ESIC
All Branch Manager, ESIC
Subject: Process for challan deletion requests from Employers - reg.
A large number of requests for deletion of challan are being received at challan• email@example.com. To deal with such requests, the following mechanism has been proposed:
Primary conditions for acceptance I rejection of requests for Deletion of Challan from Employers:
(i) Deletion requests for Challans already paid, will not be entertained.
(ii) Requests should be received within 3 days after generation of challans/ Submission of Contribution in case challan has not been generated.
(iii) Request of deletion should come from registered email ID of employer and with authorization letter from the employer in case request is being made by third person.
(iv) Hard copy to be sent by employer in due course. All documents in required format to be attached and sent with email.
(v) Challan deletion request should be for the challan of previous month only. E.g.• Challan deletion request for contribution payable for April-18 shall be accepted in the month of May-18 and that of any other period prior to April-18 shall not be entertained.
Request for Deletion of Challans from Employer - Details I Format
1. Deletion requests for Challans already paid, will not be entertained.
2. Employer shall submit the request to either Branch office or RO/SRO within 3 days after generation of the Challan/ Submission of Contribution in case challan has not been generated. Branch office would be required to forward the request to RO for approval.
3. Application must be sent only through registered email of the employer and with authorization letter from the employer in case request is being made by third person, with all the details like name, Mobile No., Email-ID of employer and authorized signatory designated.
4. The following details/records/information would be required to be submitted by the employer/Employer's Authorised Signatory with self-attestations.
4.1 Request for deletion of Challan in the format provided which includes details like Name, ESIC Code, email address, Contact number, challan number, Challan month, Challan Amount, Pan card number, along with reason for the request in detail.
4.2 Soft Copy of excel sheet (IP number, Name, Days worked, Wages Paid) uploaded for challan generation with the portion that were filled erroneously \highlighted.
4.3 Soft Copy of excel sheet with all the correct details as per employer, self-attested with an undertaking that the amount mentioned in this excel sheet would be deposited within 10 days after the request for deletion of the existing challan is approved and the challan is deleted.
Process to be followed by Regional/Sub-Regional Offices:
5. Regional Office on receipt of the request will carry out the following checks:
5.1 Record the details of request in the format provided (Annex-I).
5.2 Ensure that the application has been received from the employer or authorised signatory designated by the employer in a letter which carries name, Mobile No., Email-ID of employer and the designated authorized signatory.
5.3 Verify the facts as mentioned by the employer and the employer's justification.
5.4 Ensure that Benefit period for the corresponding contribution period has not yet began. In case benefit period has started the application must be rejected.
5.5 In case employer's request for deletion has been delayed by more than 3 days after generation of the challan/Submission of Contribution in case challan has not been generated, the request must be rejected.
5.6 Deletion request should be related to previous months challan only E.g.- Challan deletion request for contribution payable for April-18 shall be accepted in the month of May-18 and that of any other period prior to Aprif-18 shall not be entertained.
5. 7Fill in the details in the format provided, Clear recommendation with justification to be filed in. The format is being shared in excel format and RO will forward the soft copy -scanned- after approval to headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5 .8 After the favourable Disposal by ICT and deletion of challan and the related contribution records, RO will Intimate the employer regarding the deleted challan with a cautionary note for being careful in future as regular request for deletion would be rejected outright.
6. Based on inputs and recommendations provided by RO/SRO, ICT may approve the deletion of the challan and related contribution records and instruct the it help desk for the deletion.
7. It help desk would inform ICT, RO/SRO and the employer after successfully deleting the challan. After deletion of the challan, ICT would either upload the fresh excel sheet provided by the employer or direct the RO /SRO to do the same.
Sh Jai Singh Assistant Director (ICT) has been designated for verification and authorisation of all such deletion cases
Call us on 09920-100-462 |Request a quotation
LK Nakashe Consultants Pvt. Ltd is India’s leading compliance & labour law consulting firm. Headquartered in Mumbai, we are ISO 9001 Certified & Crisil Certified, and we serve all 29 states and 7 union territories of India. Our service bouquet includes Registration & Renewal Services, End-to-End Monthly Compliance Services, Audit & Due Diligence Services, Advisory & Consulting Services, Payroll Management Services and Contract Staffing Services. Our client list of 750+ companies includes some of India’s biggest business conglomerates, MNCs, public listed companies & SMEs